Innkeeper Comments: "Here's a very unusual recipe."
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 34 minutes
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Big Train spiced chai mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks or mega morsels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
In a mixing bowl, combine the first three ingredients; beat for 2 minutes. Blend in egg, vanilla and chocolate syrup. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chunks and chips.
Shape into 2-inch balls; place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Yields about 18 cookies.